Socialsprite: A CSS Sprite Blueprint PluginWednesday, September 12, 2012 by Matt Woodward
What Is It?
Socialsprite is a Blueprint CSS plugin providing Elegant Theme’s Social Media Icon Package in CSS Sprite form to improve ease of use.
- Download & unzip the plugin directory
- Place this directory inside blueprint/plugins
- Add this line to “blueprint/screen.css”:
/* Import the 24x24 icons into your CSS or...*/ @import 'plugins/socialsprite/sprite.css'; /* ...import the 32x32 icons into your CSS */ @import 'plugins/socialsprite/sprite32.css';
- Use the sprites by attaching classes sn_sprite & sn_(name of sprite) to an a, span or div element. You can use test.html (or test32.html) as a key to the names of sprites.
<span class="sn_sprite sn_facebook"> </span>
- Socialsprite is based on the Social Media Icon set by Elegant Themes
- Inspired by the Silk Sprite plugin created by Don Albrecht of ajaxbestiary.com
Usage released under a creative commons Attribution 3.0 license http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/au/
A zip of the plugin can be downloaded below: